Acting Superior Will Get You in The End

Written By: D’be-D’be

Pairing: Frank and Ryan


Detective Frank Tripp entered the washroom whistling a tune he had heard on the radio on his way to work and couldn’t seem to get it out of his head. As he rounded the corner he spotted Eric Delko sitting on the tile floor with tears flowing down his cheeks.

When the young CSI saw the big Texan standing there, he did his best to wipe away the evidence he’d been crying but it was too late.

“Hey, Kiddo, what’s wrong? Are you in pain? Do you want me to go get Horatio?”

Despite his depressed mood, Eric couldn’t help but smile at Tripp’s barrage of questions. “No, I’m not in pain and please don’t tell H you found me crying in the bathroom.”

“Okay, tell me what’s up then.” Tripp slid down the wall to sit by his colleague.

“It’s hard to explain.”

“Try.”

“Well it’s like this, Frank. You know ever since my head injury, I’ve had to learn everything from scratch. It’s like I’m a rookie again. Anyway, this morning at the crime scene I marked a piece of evidence twice and Wolfe was all over me. He scolded me like a child in front of the other police who were there and it made me feel just awful. I mean I feel bad enough that I can’t remember simple things. Everyone else has been so patient with me, but it seems like Wolfe gets some sort of rush out of correcting my mistakes. It’s like he gets off on it, feeling superior and all.” Eric began to cry again as feelings of inadequacy rolled over him.

“Did you discuss Wolfe’s behavior with Horatio?”

“Oh God no, Frank. If Horatio knew I was having a few problems adjusting, he’d yank me off of cases and make me ride a desk; even worse, he’d keep me cooped up at home. You know how protective he is.”

“He loves you, Eric, and wants to keep you safe from harm, that’s all.”

“I know that, Frank, but I want to show him I don’t need protection. I am strong enough to stand on my own two feet, in the field anyway.”

“Okay, I tell you what; just let it go for now. Don’t let Wolfe’s behavior get to you. If it happens again, I’ll handle it, okay?”

“How?”

“Well, how does Horatio handle bad behavior?” Tripp asked with a slight grin on his face.

“You mean, you and Ryan are in a discipline relationship too?”

“Not yet. But if I see him behaving badly towards you, it may just become one. Now get up and wash your face so we can get out of here.”

Eric washed up while Tripp used the facilities and then the two men left to get back to their separate tasks.

Delko did as Tripp suggested and tried his best to not let Wolfe get to him. It was hard but he just concentrated on getting his work done correctly. Calleigh and Alexx were great to him and although Horatio hovered a little, he still gave Eric the space he needed to adjust to his new situation.

Things were moving along fine for about two weeks when the call came about a murder in an upscale neighborhood. Horatio sent Eric and Ryan to start processing the scene. As they pulled into the drive, Eric spotted Frank Tripp speaking with a young blond woman. He came to find out the woman was the victim’s wife. She had arrived home to find her husband of two years bludgeoned to death and immediately called 911. Tripp was the first on the scene and as protocol demanded, he called Horatio.

Delko was getting his gear out of the Hummer when the Medical Examiner’s van pulled up along side. Alexx Wood stepped out into the Miami heat and took in the scene.

“What do we have here, Eric?” she asked the young CSI.

“I’m not sure. Ryan and I just got here ourselves.”

“Delko, come on! Get a move on!” Wolfe yelled out the sharp command making Delko blush. Frank Tripp frowned and shook his head.

“Keep your pants on, Ryan. I’m coming!” Eric tried to sound perturbed but Tripp could hear the hurt in his voice.

The two CSI’s began to work the scene. Ryan Wolfe took pictures while Delko dusted for prints. Woods was busy examining the body and Tripp was questioning potential witnesses. Things were running smoothly until Delko got up and began moving into another room.

“Hey, Eric, what do you think you’re doing?” Wolfe demanded.

“I finished in here so now I’m going to process the kitchen.”

“Did you dust the fireplace and the mantel?”

“Yes, of course I did!”

“And did you dust the windows and panes?”

“Yes, I did all that. I didn’t forget anything.”

“Are you sure, Delko? I don’t see any powder on the contents in the fireplace.”

Delko began to blush as it hit him. He forgot about what was in the fireplace; basic fingerprinting rule, don’t take anything for granted, dust everything. It was a rookie mistake. “I’m sorry, Ryan, I guess I did forget something.”

“Yeah, Eric, you did. Jesus, I have to keep on eye on you at every crime scene. I don’t know why Horatio allowed you to come back so soon. You’re a hindrance to our investigations at times. If we have to keep a check on you to make sure you do everything properly, it affects our job.”
Hearing raised voices coming from the living room; Tripp stuck his head around the corner and what he witnessed made him come to the conclusion that he would have to take matters into his own hands. Woods was telling Wolfe to take it easy while Eric, with tear-filled eyes, walked silently over to the fireplace.

Tripp entered the room and walked directly over the CSI Wolfe, took a hold of his arm and led him up the giant staircase. When they got to the top of the stairs, Tripp, pulling a protesting Wolfe behind him, began opening doors until he found a bedroom that was very clearly not associated with the crime scene. He pulled his partner into the room behind him and slammed the door shut.

“Hey, Frank, what’s going on here?” Wolfe asked. Those were the only words he got out before Tripp took action.

“Listen here, boy, I’ve just about had enough of your superior attitude. You have no right to act better that anyone else. As a matter of fact, you’re acting like a spoiled child who had been put in charge of the younger children when the parents are away and the feeling of power goes to the head. Well, boy, enough is enough.” Tripp, being a huge man of six-foot-four, had no trouble picking the small man up with one hand while pulling down his suit pants with the other.

Although Ryan did his best to struggle, it did him no good. He soon found himself over Tripp’s lap getting a very hard lesson in discipline. This was the first time Tripp had spanked him and he didn’t like it. He yowled and screamed and begged Tripp to stop, but his protests fell on deaf ears. As each slap rained down on his bare buttocks, he felt his skin getting hotter and knew he was in for a long session.

After what seemed like forever but was probably only a couple of minutes or so, Wolfe gave in to the pain and began to cry in earnest. Huge sobs shook his body and once again he tried to beg for mercy. This time it worked. Tripp stopped the onslaught and set Wolfe on his feet. The younger man stood there with his pants around his ankles and tears running down his face. He placed a hand on one of his cheeks and tried to rub the pain away.

“My God, Frank, why did you do that?”

“I already explained why. Was it not clear to you? Do you need another trip over my lap?”

“NO! NO! I understand, but why the spanking? Why not a lecture or something?”

“You wouldn’t have listened to a lecture because you feel you were doing nothing wrong. I knew making you feel less superior by giving you a good old fashion spanking would get the message across more than words ever would. Did it work?”

“I guess it did. Maybe I was acting a little superior over Eric,” Ryan sullenly admitted.

“Yeah, you were and may I ask why?”

“I felt threatened I guess, because while Delko was hurt I had more responsibility. Horatio really relied on me more that he had in the past. I liked that and worried about when Delko got back to 100%, H would take some of that responsibility away from me and give it to his partner, and….”

“And what else?” Tripp asked

“I’m a little jealous on all the attention Delko is getting. Even you pay more attention to him than you usually do and I….and I…..” Wolfe couldn’t continue.

“Are you trying to tell me you are jealous of the attention I’ve been giving Delko and that’s why you took every opportunity to run him down and boss him around?”
“Yeah, I guess so,” Ryan mumbled and hung his head in shame.

Tripp began to laugh as he pulled the young CSI down into his lap and gave him a deep passionate kiss. “Oh for God’s sake, Ryan, you know how I feel about you. I don’t want you to ever feel insecure or jealous of any attention I may give someone else. It’s you I come home to and it’s you I make love to every night. Don’t you forget it!”

“I guess I let my emotions get the best of me. I’m sorry and I promise to talk things over with Eric and apologize.”

“Good! Now go wipe your face and get back to work.”

“Frankie, before I do that may I ask you one more question?”

“Sure, Kiddo, what is it?”

“About this spanking you just gave me; does it mean that we’re moving our relationship into a disciplinary one?”

“We’ve discussed this, Ryan, and we both agreed it might come to due to your bouts of unacceptable behaviour. Do you agree the time has come for us to do this?”

“I have to admit I feel better. It’s like a load has been lifted from me. I mean I’m not saying I enjoyed the pain your big hand walloping my butt, but I know I needed it. So yes, I think I’m ready to move our relationship up a notch.”

“Good, we’ll discuss the rules and consequences tonight. And by the way, while you’re apologizing to Eric, you may want to take a few minutes to discuss his and Horatio’s relationship. It may help.”

“I’ll do that, Frankie. Thanks.” Then with a final kiss, Wolfe went to clean up as Tripp left the room to continue his interviews.

Delko said nothing to Wolfe as he watched him make his way gingerly down the stairs, but a tiny smile came to his face. He knew that walk all too well; Frank had apparently kept his promise.

The CSI’s finished their work in silence but on the way back to the lab, Wolfe offered his apologies to Eric and his explanation on why he had behaved the way he did. As they made their way back, Ryan took the opportunity to do as Tripp had suggested and made inquiries on how Delko’s and Caine’s disciplinary relationship worked. Eric answered every question openly and honestly without embarrassment. After all he wasn’t embarrassed about it and he wanted to reassure Ryan to that fact. He advised the other man that every relationship was unique; he and Tripp would have to work things out for themselves. Eric also assured Ryan he would be there for him if he was ever needed.

As the Miami-Dade Police Station came into view, Wolfe once again apologized for his behavior and for the first time in a long time, he felt secure and was looking forward to the future with his big Texan.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment